Thanks for your response, Bennett - Anders had already pointed out that I was
trying to load jurabib twice, so I had worked that out, but your suggestions
about how to use lyx and jurabib together are very helpful - particularly not
using \footcite and globally defining jurabib options, rather than using the
preamble.
Cheers,
Jacob Campbell.