On Thu, 25 May 2006, Bruce Pourciau wrote:

If I now download LyX 1.3.7 or 1.4.1, should they work?

Bruce,

  Yes. I just upgraded tetex to 3.0.0 and everything works just fine.

Another question: My tex installation is tex.ii2. Are there good reasons to
download the newest version of tex?

  Don't know anything about Apples. The standard linux LaTeX, tetex, was just
upgraded because of an indentified vulnerability that was patched before
being exploited.

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.             |  The Environmental Permitting
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.(TM)  |          Accelerator