Stefano Grioni wrote:
Hello,

I use lyx since last year on my computer running debian sid without any
kind of problem, and it runs lyx 1.3.6 (lastest version in SID). But now
I have a laptop running Archlinux and so I have lyx 1.4.1 .
The problem is that, on my laptop, when I type a special char ( for
instance omega) instead of getting the symbol, I get "omega" written,
and then I have to quit math-editor mode to get the correct character. I tryed to change the value of Graphics>Instant Preview but I can't get
anything better.
Is there any other thing to do in 1.4.1 to fix it?

Thanks a lot

Might be a font problem. I'm not sure if the info at http://wiki.lyx.org/FAQ/Qt is current, but you might have a look at it.

/Paul