On Jun 8, 2006, at 2:35 PM, Isaac Pante wrote:

Hello Everybody!

I tried to install aspell and the french dictionnary for lyx/Mac 1.4.1 as written on this page (http://wiki.lyx.org/Mac/MacSpelling) and had two errors:

1- when I typed "make", the terminal returned the following answer:
-bash: make: command not found

Likely this means you don't have the developer's tools installed. (Look again at the MacSpelling wiki page; it has a link.)

Naturally I wasn't able to go on with the install but I tried anyway and arrived to my second problem

2- when I typed "sudo make install", the terminal returned the following answer: "isaacpante is not in the sudoers file. This incident will be reported"

What's the solution?

You must (normally) be on an administrative account to use sudo.

Bennett