On Thursday 15 June 2006 06:06 am, Jose' Matos wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 June 2006 20:25, Steve Litt wrote:
> > > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> I don't know what I am talking about (you have been warned) but should not
> this be
>
> \renewcommand{\maketitle}{%
> ?
>
>   After all \maketitle is already defined.

Hi Jose,

The \def\myvar{mycode} syntax is pure TeX, whereas the \renewcommand{\myvar}
{mycode} syntax is LaTeX.  My reading indicates that if you CAN use LaTeX,
you SHOULD use LaTeX, but sometimes it's very easy to use the TeX syntax.

So yes, theoretically I should use \renewcommand.

Thanks

SteveT

Steve Litt
Author:
   * Universal Troubleshooting Process courseware
   * Troubleshooting Techniques of the Successful Technologist
   * Manager's Guide to Technical Troubleshooting
   * Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
   * Rapid Learning: Secret Weapon of the Successful Technologist

http://www.troubleshooters.com/bookstore
http://www.troubleshooters.com/utp/tcourses.htm