On Thu, 15 Jun 2006, Steve Litt wrote:

Hi Steve

I forwarded your mail to the developers. (apologies if it's a duplicate)

/C

Hi all,

I have a suggestion to make it much easier for a LyX user to develop home
grown layouts.

For me, 95% of the development time in making a layout is debugging. What
balloons debugging time by a factor of 10 is the need to Edit->Reconfigure
and then quit and restart LyX every time you make a change to the layout
file. It's horrid.

If someone could either change LyX so it rereads the layout file on the fly,
or develops a workaround or kludge so I could just run a command that does
all that stuff and allows me to continue in my current LyX session, it would
make layout creation a ton easier, and would kill a main source of resistance
to LyX -- inability to easily make your own layout files.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Author:
  * Universal Troubleshooting Process courseware
  * Troubleshooting Techniques of the Successful Technologist
  * Manager's Guide to Technical Troubleshooting
  * Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
  * Rapid Learning: Secret Weapon of the Successful Technologist

http://www.troubleshooters.com/bookstore
http://www.troubleshooters.com/utp/tcourses.htm