I think the problem is with ImageMagick (convert utility), which cannot
find GhostScript executable or some related file as gs_init.ps.
ImageMagick in fact uses other programs (as GhostScript) to manage
different file type (as eps). these programs are called coder modules
and must reside in ImageMagick path.

I'm waiting for some feedback from ImageMagick user list on how to add
program directory to ImageMagick coder module search path.

Regards,
Diego

2006/6/20, Stephen Harris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Ares wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I exported my PhD thesis LyX file to html by exporting from LyX to
> latex and then running htlatex, bibtex'ing each aux file corresponding
> to each bib file included (I have sectioned bibliography, i.e. I'm
> using bibtopic in LyX, I guess). I also found somewhere that the bug
> with exporting to html from LyX may be related to the use of bibtex
> itself.
>
> Now I have a new problem: equations in the object html document don't
> show as figures but rather as:
>
>           (       )T  G(x,y) =  ∂I, ∂I            ∂x ∂y ------ in Firefox
>

>   (2.1)
>    ---- in MS internet explorer
>
> I think it is a mix of misinterpreted figure and text...
>
> I had a look on various discussion groups but couldn't find any
> problem report like this. Have any hint on this? What kind of
> information is needed to detect the problem source?
>
> Thanks for your support,
> Diego

you're right (of course I didn't think that there's more than one
utility named convert on my machine...).

I tried

c:\...\convert foo.eps foo.jpg

with both versions 6.2.8-Q16 (dynamic DLL) and 6.2.7.2 (bundled in LyX
win installer) and I get respectively the following error messages

SH: Remember that the generic foo.eps needs to be an
existing file in the directory that you run convert.

http://gallery.menalto.com/node/49736
convert.exe: no decode delegate for this image format

There are several instances of this error message on Google.
Apparently there is a corrupt file or some type of conflict.

http://redux.imagemagick.org/discussion-server/viewtopic.php?t=4450&;

ImageMagick Studio appears to be a different product than
ImageMagick. Make sure you didn't use a Linux version that
ends with a tar.gz. Most people thought the problem was with
ImageMagick rather than Ghostscript.

Regards,
Stephen

It is not always safe to have two different versions of the
same .dll, they can cause conflicts just as two different
versions of convert will can conflict. For instance the
Msys sh.exe needed to run LyX scripts works, but not the
sh.exe which comes with Cygwin which some Windows users
have on their machines.

Try renaming the 6.2.8.dll to 6.2.8.dllbak and then run
convert someimagefile.* to a different someimagefile.*
where the * is a jpg or png or eps, some image format
that is small that you have on hand for a test. Run this
from the directory where the LyXWininstaller has put
C:\ImageMagick with the test file in the same directory.

Putting cross-ported program in directories which have
spaces in them, like Program files, can create odd errors.