On Monday 26 June 2006 01:54 am, Yaron Y. Goland wrote:
> When I first installed LyX 1.4.0 on OS X I had such serious
> performance problems that even on my dual proc G5 with 1 gig of Ram I
> could trivially type faster than LyX could print out my characters.
> So when LyX 1.4.1 was released with a focus on performance I was very
> excited. Unfortunately LyX 1.4.1 is as slow for me as LyX 1.4.0 is.
> In fact even on simple documents containing little more than text
> (e.g. http://www.goland.org/webtemplate.lyx) just typing simple text
> is so slow that I can easily out type LyX.
>
> Please note that I made sure to delete LyX 1.4.0 and do a new install
> of LyX 1.4.1 and then confirm that my newly installed program is
> indeed LyX 1.4.1
>
> If anyone has any suggestions or ideas I would love to hear them
> because I depend on LyX for a book I'm writing and as things now
> stand I'm in trouble.
>
>               Thanks,
>
>                       Yaron

Hi Yaron,

I've never used LyX 1.4.x, but from what I understand they've made LyX support
multiple graphics libraries, whereas in the old days it was just Xforms. See
if there's any way to configure your LyX so it uses Xforms rather than KDE
bloated stuff like that.

I use the Xforms interface in 1.3.6 (and have for many older versions), and
personally I never did see the need to have it support anything else -- after
all, LyX is just a simple front end to LaTeX.

SteveT

--
Steve Litt
Author:

http://www.troubleshooters.com/bookstore
http://www.troubleshooters.com/utp/tcourses.htm

(Legal Disclaimer) Follow these suggestions at your own risk.