On Thursday 29 June 2006 02:34 am, Georg Baum wrote:
> Steve Litt wrote:
> > Then I copied one of my books to junk.lyx, did a tools->reconfigure (it's
> > not edit->reconfigure anymore), and got this error:

> > Using the default document class, because class bliving is unknown.
> >
> > But in fact, I have a bliving.layout in the directory, and a symlink to
> > it from /home/slitt/.lyx/layouts/bliving.layout. I'm logged in as slitt.
> >
> > So something's changed with layout files.
>
> Yes and no. The format has changed, but LyX converts old files on the fly.
> Your problem is that with specifying --with-version-suffix=-1.4qt you told
> LyX to use /home/slitt/.lyx-1.4qt as personal directory. If it would use
> the old one it would really screw up your old LyX.
> Simply copy or link all custom layout files
> to /home/slitt/.lyx-1.4qt/layouts, and it should work after a reconfigure.

Thanks Georg, it worked!

Turns out when I compiled lyx-1.4qt, it created /home/slitt/.lyx-1.4qt, but of
course did not copy my current .layout files
to /home/slitt/.lyx-1.4q/layouts/, so I did that copy myself, reconfigured
LyX 1.4.1, and it worked perfectly.

So far I have not seen any serious performance problem with it, although I've
done only the most rudimentary of testing. If anyone needs info from me to
figure out why my Qt based LyX moves fast and others move slow, please let me
know.

Thanks

SteveT

Steve Litt
Author:
   * Universal Troubleshooting Process courseware
   * Troubleshooting Techniques of the Successful Technologist
   * Manager's Guide to Technical Troubleshooting
   * Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
   * Rapid Learning: Secret Weapon of the Successful Technologist

http://www.troubleshooters.com/bookstore
http://www.troubleshooters.com/utp/tcourses.htm