I have the same problem with font selection. I guess the problem is with the
windows version.

On 7/2/06, Srinivas Nedunuri <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

hello, I am having trouble compiling the latex file generated by lyx. the
latex processor seems to try and iterate over the file several times, and
in
the end produces some gibberish

The culprit seems to be the following command:

\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}

When I remove this command, everything works fine. However it is a
nuisance
to have to go and manually edit this file every time. Is there  a way to
turn off its inclusion?

On a related note, how can i turn a word or character into a specified
font
eg. Typewriter. Doing the obvious Edit | Text Style.. | Typwriter appears
have no effect

thanks

Julio Rojas
[EMAIL PROTECTED]