On Tuesday 04 July 2006 04:33 pm, Catherine Heyrendt wrote:
> I would need two indexes for my PhD thesis: one for persons' names, one for
> themes/concepts.
>
> Is it possible to have two separate indexes in LyX? If so, how should I go
> about setting up the second one?
>
> Also, any tips for shortcuts would be welcome. I am currently planning to
> do a manual search for the words to index, and then paste the relevant
> index mark after each of them. Very lengthy over 500+ pages.
>
> Thanks very much for any help you can give me over the last weeks of thesis
> work,
> Catherine Heyrendt

Similar question -- How do you do 2 tables of contents. If you look at most
technical books, they have two tables of contents -- one either to the
chapter or maybe section level, and one going down to subsection or
subsubsection. I've tried to do that in the past and failed. Anyone have any
ideas?

Thanks

SteveT

Steve Litt
Author:
   * Universal Troubleshooting Process courseware
   * Troubleshooting Techniques of the Successful Technologist
   * Manager's Guide to Technical Troubleshooting
   * Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
   * Rapid Learning: Secret Weapon of the Successful Technologist

http://www.troubleshooters.com/bookstore
http://www.troubleshooters.com/utp/tcourses.htm