Paul A. Rubin wrote:
>> However, I never noticed that I have to close the last display
>> of a pdf in Acrobat to be able to view the new one (I get the
>> message "I can't write on foo.pdf" until I close foo.pdf.

> You might want to look at
> http://wiki.lyx.org/Windows/LyXWinTips#toc1. Being too
> absent-minded to reliably close AR each time, I've found this
> quite valuable.

Adobe Acrobat has long (really long -- since version 1.0) bug,
that it opens files both for reading and writing (instead of
opening it read-only as good viewer should; it is probably
residuum from from Adobe Acrobat not-only-Reader, which could
write to PDF. So you have two options:

a) either do terrible tricks described in the above link,
b) use better PDF viewer -- GSView
(http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/gsview/index.htm) opens file RO
and it is able to do the same trick as DVI Viewers --
actualizing view when PDF file changes.

Best,

Matěj

http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/blog/, Jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
23 Marion St. #3, (617) 876-1259, ICQ 132822213

The function of the expert is not to be more right than other
people, but to be wrong for more sophisticated reasons.
    -- Dr. David Butler, British psephologist