Rich Shepard wrote:
On Thu, 13 Jul 2006, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

- A "LaTeX (pdflatex)" output format has been added. This new output
 format produces .tex files that are suitable for pdflatex, including
 figure conversion to png, pdf or jpeg instead of eps.

Gentlemen:

  Is there something I can read to learn how this differs from the current
pdflatex? That's what I get when I press ctrl-h, and what I choose for most
documents (except PSTricks). I'm curious about the differences.

Thanks,

Rich

I think that since pdflatex doesn't use the .eps
format this might mean an automatic conversion of
any (mixed) eps files to pdflatex compatible formats.
Maybe I'm wrong but I thought this was done manually.