Jean-Pierre> However, I noticed a few minor things while installing:

Jean-Pierre> - the prefernce file is not created any more in the home
Jean-Pierre> dir. lyxrc.default refers to a custom lyxrc file, but it
Jean-Pierre> seems that the name is still preferences;

preferences is created when you actually set preferences. Configure.py
does not touch it.

Jean-Pierre> - in the configure log, the hyphenation seems to be taken
Jean-Pierre> from texmf-dist language.dat (here it has been modified,
Jean-Pierre> so it is in texmf-var);

Don't know about that.

Jean-Pierre> - LaTeXConfig.lyx tells me that my LaTeX version is dated
Jean-Pierre> 2003/12/01, I guess TeXlive 2005 is more recent;

LaTeX release are pretty rare these days...

Jean-Pierre> - I had to run lyx -x reconfigure twice for my local
Jean-Pierre> layout to be effective (I mean I get "yes" in the log,
Jean-Pierre> but lyx doesn't load the layout the first time).

Could you give more details on what you did and what happened?

JMarc