Suppose all my papers lie in subject A, and I have a master bib file (created using BibDesk) for that subject. For a particular paper only a subset of all the references in this master bib file might be used. What are the advantages and disadvantages of using that subset to form a separate bib file for that paper? One advantage: In LyX, I scroll through the references and pick the appropriate one to be inserted in the paper, and this is faster if there are fewer references to scroll through. One disadvantage: any changes to a reference in the master bib file have to be repeated in any separate bib file that contains that reference. Others?

Bruce