Hi!

First of all, I am sorry for not having followed the discussion until now. I did not see all your messages because they were under the "fancyhdr" thread (my fault when sending the email reporting the problem)

Thank you for the help Bo, but I did not need to do what you suggested. Instead, as Steve mentioned, I deleted the python package that the LyX installer installed and the Tex Info Rescan function works fine now.

I already had python and msys installed in my computer when I installed LyX. Even though, as Steve pointed out, they where installed again under the LyX directory. I guess the installer should be modified to avoid this.

Cheers,
Nicolás

Bo Peng wrote:
I have the exact same problem. Could you elaborate exactly what you did? How
do your run the texfiles.py file and where should the generated files go?

Hi, David and Nicolas,

The problem has been identified to be caused by the encoding of the
python script lib/scripts/TeXFiles.py. Changing the second line from
iso-8859-15 to 8859-1 should be able to fix it. To avoid other
potential problems, you would  better do the same thing for other four
scripts under this directory as well.

lyx1.4.3 or the next release of the windows installer should be free
of this problem.

Cheers,
Bo