Hi!

I have discovered another problem with LyX142 (installed using the small version of the windows installer).

When I run "Check TeX" the following error message is shown: "Could not run chktex successfully" You can find the debug messages below.

I think the problem is that I do not have the chktex utility installed. I guess it should have been installed by the installer, but it was not so. Otherwise, if I should install myself this utility it should be mentioned more clearly and the "Check TeX" option should be disabled while chktex is not installed.

Cheers,
Nicolás

LyXFunc::dispatch: cmd:  action: 172 arg: '' x: 0 y: 0
makeLaTeXFile...
  Validating buffer...
filetools(getFormatFromContents)
        File type not recognised before EOF!
filetools(getFormatFromContents)
        Couldn't find a known format!
lyxlex: UNcompressed
LyX needs the following commands when LaTeXing:
***** Packages:
***** Macros:
***** Textclass stuff:
***** done.
  Buffer validation done.
lyx document header finished
preamble finished, now the body.
TeXOnePar...     0x17fa938 ''
SimpleTeXOnePar...     0x17fa938
SimpleTeXOnePar...done 0x17fa938
makeLaTeXFile...done
Finished making LaTeX file.
Row count was 13.
'-q' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Error: chktex failure
Could not run chktex successfully.