>>Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 11:57:05 +0200
>>From: Mukhtar Ullah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>To: lyx-users@lists.lyx.org, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>Subject: Re: LyX142 DVI
>>
>>Dear Stephen,
>>Thank you so much for your help. What I did not know was the email
>>address  "lyx-users@lists.lyx.org". I only check the list and post thing
>>there.
>>
>>Dear Paul,
>>I have attached the two files: a LyX example and a graphic file. When I
>>use pdflatex, everything goes fine. The problem is when I use DVI.

First, setting the width of the document to 80% of the page width shows
that the converted pdf is not properly cropped (a small drawing at the bottom
of the page).

pdf2ps fig_chapman.pdf; ps2eps fig_chapman.ps
creates a properly cropped eps file to be used with dvi.

If you're on Windows, pdf2ps is done by "Print to file" in acroread, ps2eps is
here:
http://www.tm.uka.de/~bless/ps2eps

--
Jean-Pierre