Georg Baum wrote:
John Pye wrote:

Here's the really surprising part. When I copy the same PDF file to
another machine (also Win2k, also Acrobat 4.0), it prints out fine,
without the brackets chopped.

That does not match with what I'll write below, but nevertheless...

So I guess the conclusion is that I have a crazy local problem perhaps
with Acrobat or with my printer driver, or with FinePrint (which is from
fineprint.com, btw).

If anyone has any other ideas, please let me know.

I had a similar problem some years ago. In that case all greek letters and
the minus sign in formulas where missing in the printout.

The reason was a bug in Acrobat (also 4.0). It could not read certain
embedded fonts (known bug at adobe IIRC). The solution was to use the .ps
file (made from the same LyX file). Another solution was to upgrade acrobat
to the then current version 5.0, but that was not possible because the pc
with acrobat was tied to the printing machine at the print shop.

Maybe using .ps files or upgrading acrobat works? Good luck!

Georg

The PDF file displays correctly in Acrobat Reader 7.0, so I think that Georg must be right -- it must be a problem with the viewer (Acrobat 4.0). If you can't upgrade Acrobat and need to print it, you might try opening it in Ghostview.

/Paul