I think I'm getting somewhere with this. It turns out that when I start lyx by using lyx.bat file from bin directory I get the problem with the figure. However if I run lyx.exe the problem disappears.

This is what my lyx.bat looks like:
@echo off
SET LC_ALL=en_EN
SET AIK_DATA_DIR=C:\LyX\LyX1.4.2\aiksaurus
start "LyX" "C:\LyX\LyX1.4.2\bin\lyx.exe" %*

When I comment out line "SET AIK_DATA_DIR=C:\LyX\LyX1.4.2\aiksaurus" the figure gets displayed fine.
Why is this line causing the problem?

Leo

LB wrote:
Ok, this means it has something to do with my setup. I'm just surprised that this one particular figure causes the problem while all others figures work just fine.
How can I run Lyx in debug mode to see what is happening?

Leo

From a command shell (either in the LyX bin directory or with it on your command path) run 'lyx.exe -dbg any'. (That produces a ton of output -- you might want to try just 'lyx.exe -dbg graphics' first.) Adjust 'lyx.exe' to whatever the binary is called on your system.

/Paul