Reinhard Mayr aka Czerwinski wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am looking for a solution in a somehow tricky situation.
>
> (1) In my document there is a table that is quite long and wide.
> Therefore, I would like to implement it as a rotated longtable. But as
> soon as I tick the "Rotate table 90 degrees" checkbox, I recieve errors
> like "Missing \endgroup inserted", "Missing } inserted" and "Incompatible
> list can't be unboxed".

That does not work, apparently. Herbert posted this workaround (actually the
first hit in the archives on "longtable rotate"):
http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-users%40lists.lyx.org/msg35981.html

> (2) The table should behave like a float, but this is not possible if it
> takes more than a page. Is there a way to "fake" this behavior?

No. Floats can't span more than one page. Why do you want that?

http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/Tables#longtab-cap

> (4) Is there a possibility to do captions like: 1st page: "Table xxx:
> cccc", following pages: "Table xxx (continued)"?

Yes. Use the longtable's heading/first heading checkboxes (see attached
example).

Jürgen