Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:
What is the best way to get the index (.idx) into the tex file of my document? Unfortunately the publisher wants a .doc file ... (ConvTex -> swx -> OO -> word)

Wolfgang

I've tested ConvTex and it works, but not consistently from
what I've seen for equations, so it depends upon the content
of your document. So I would try ConvTex and also export your
.lyx file as .tex and try "htlatex yourdoc.tex" = yourdoc.html
then use Word to open the yourdoc.html and convert it to .doc.
This last works the best for me but others have had trouble
getting htlatex to run. I think the .html conversion into
Word/doc is slightly better than OOo/sxw/doc but I'm not sure
about a humanities/text document. Both conversions are rather
easy so you could try both and compare them. Nick Thomas has
done a good job getting this to work on Windows and I think
ConvTex may perform still a bit better on Linux. Incidentally
oolatex is an htlatex variant with swithces and I've always
had trouble getting it to work in OOo.

Regards,
Stephen

--