Nicolás wrote:
Hi!

This is probably a latex question but hopefully you can help me.

I would like a bibliography style that inserts citations in the text as:
 [MainAuthor et al., year]

and that creates a bibliography like:
[MainAuthor et al., year] Authors list, ...

I have tried Natbib, but did not manage to achieve what I want (citations does not look as [MainAuthor et al., year]). I have also tried the authordate.bst style, but the citations appear within parentheses (instead of brackets), and in the bibliography the references are not labelled (just appear as Authors list, Year, ... )

I hope someone can help me find the right style! Thanks

Cheers,
Nicolás

Have you looked at http://wiki.lyx.org/BibTeX/Links, which numbers among its links several related to picking a style (including a very nice searchable database)?

/Paul