Hi,

I am new to LyX and LaTeX in general, but I have a basic grasp of how
to work with them.

Currently I am interested in using LyX to create a template for
letters. The letter template would work fine for except that I would
like to add a footer. I tried using the fancyhdr package but it does
not work at all. It seems that the \opening macro in the letter
template redefines the pagestyle, so when I include this command the
Fancy Headers defined in the preamble just disappear (I am just
guessing here).

I was wondering if someone might point me to some solution to this
problem as I am sure I am not the one asking this question for the
first time.

I found this post to be regarding the same issue but I haven't been
able to make it work yet:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.editors.lyx.general/29213

If anyone has some idea on how to make this work, I would appreciate that.

Thanks,
Pepe