Paul A. Rubin wrote:
Michael wrote:
Is there a way to mark an equation to be labled automatically, and make it
work with instant equation previewer?

I am using the latest 1.4.2 Lyx on Windows XP SP2.

Thanks a lot!

With the cursor inside the equation, Insert->Label... and give the label a name.

Oops: the idea was to automatically number *all* equations. This is on the wish list for a future version. Meanwhile, two suggestions (both from JMarc, I believe) seem to work:

(a) insert into preamble

\renewcommand\[{\begin{equation}}
\renewcommand\]{\end{equation}}

or

(b) bind "command-sequence math-display; math-number;" to some key combination and use that whenever you want to insert a display formula.

I think I saw this come up recently on the list, so I added a page to the Wiki Tips section.

/Paul