TechTonics wrote:
LB wrote:
I have changed the names (decreased by one character) of the figures that were given me problems and they are now previewing fine!!!

Great! One of the great Presidents said persistence is a
far better quality than talent or genius. Still seems like
a surprising way to fix it unless the 1 character decrease
was removing a forbidden character used in the filenames.

Which would not explain why futzing with the environment variables cured (or at least moved) the bug. Then again, perhaps I'm asking too much of the bug as far as consistency goes.

This brings me back to my thesis that somewhere there is a buffer overflow. How/why it would involve both the file paths/names and environment variables beats me, but I'll take another shot on the developer list and see what shakes.

/Paul