Could this be related to bug 2731?
Anders Ekberg

Helge Hafting
Fri, 11 Aug 2006 00:29:10 -0700
Rich Shepard wrote:
I probably noticed this behavior before, but it did not register long enough to comment on. However, as I edit my presentation notes it comes up
over and over, so I thought to mention it here.

When I delete a line and want to close the space, I need to place the cursor at the end of the preceding line, then press [Del]. If the cursor is
at the beginning of the blank line when I press [Backspace], nothing
happens.

  This is not a major issue, just a minor irritant. Has anyone else
experienced this? I see it in the Beamer class and the article class I'm
using for my slide-by-slide notes.
Yes, I have seen it. You may want to file a bug at bugzilla.lyx.org about it.
Irritating indeed.

Helge Hafting