Hello Russell and list,

On 08-12, Russell Davie wrote:
> LyX: LaTeX Error: Unknown graphics
> extension: .jpeg.: ...aching_graphics_pulse-radial-artery.jpeg}

Reading that message at face value, I was curious whether maybe
renaming the .jpeg to .jpg helps. And indeed it helps (at least on
my system).

On the command line the ".jpeg" is only a problem with lyx -e pdf2,
not with lyx -e pdf or with lyx -e pdf3. Correspondingly, in the GUI,
export dvipdfm is ok, pdflatex fails, ps2pdf is ok.

*Temporary* demonstration at
http://www.blasum.net/holger/tmp/jpg-jpeg-bug/ .

If this is a bug (caveat: i'm only on version 1.4.1) should it be
filed with lyx or with pdflatex? If with pdflatex, into the general
LaTeX bugs database?

(very wild guess after quick grep: src/frontends/qt2/QLImage.C line 77
        if (ext == "jpeg") ext = "jpg"
is perhaps not invoked by the pdflatex processing chain?)

> This soon fills up the inbox with messages and to stop it add ">>/dev/null
> 2>&1" after /tmp/xxx.lyx and before ";".

Maybe posting the wording of one of these messages is useful.

Regards,

--
Holger Blasum +49-174-7313590 (gsm) GnuPG 1024D/ACDFC3B769DC1ED66B47