On Wednesday 16 August 2006 12:25, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> Gunnar> I think I've fixed the LFUN and external templates now, but I
> Gunnar> get these messages when starting with a new document:
>
> Gunnar> New counter already exists: part
>
> Gunnar> What does these messages mean? Can it be layout files that
> Gunnar> needs updates to?
>
> What layout file do you use?
I was using the old LyX 1.3.6 article.layout,  ( I think it was the 1.3.6 or
perhaps even older), it looked like this (see below)
(The Gunnar.inc is my own extra layouts (no mentioning of numbering in that
file).
The 1.4.1 article.layout contains the line

Input numarticle.inc

which  the 1.3.6 didn't.

1.3.6 article.layout file

#% Do not delete the line below; configure depends on this
#  \DeclareLaTeXClass{article}
# Article textclass definition file. Taken from initial LyX source code
# Author : Matthias Ettrich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
# Transposed by Pascal André <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
# Heavily modifed and enhanced by serveral developers.

# Input general definitions
Input stdclass.inc
Input Gunnar.inc
# There are no chapters in an article.