I installed the rpm for LyX 1.4.2 distributed in the Fedora 5 extras
repository.

I've found that it's still impossible to work intensively on mathematical
expressions with LyX 1.4.x.  After I perform a relatively small amount of
editing, inside and outside math mode, the window simply crashes and then I
have to recover the document.  That happened to me 3 times in about 10
minutes of editing...

The same problem occurred with all versions 1.4.1 and 1.4.2 that I tested.
Every time I have to come back to version 1.3.7, which is fortunately very
robust.

I would like to post a debug report on this.  How can I channel the ouput
of "lyx -dbg any" into a file?  "lyx -dbg any > lyx_bug.txt" did not work...
--
Rudi Gaelzer
Department of Physics