Jean-Pierre Chretien wrote:
Cc: LyXFolks <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>
From: Bruce Pourciau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Centering Spacing
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 08:38:58 -0500
To: Jean-Pierre Chretien <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

But why would the inter-paragraph spacing change when the paragraphs are centered? Before centering, there was no extra line between the one-line paragraphs.

You're right, center is a so-called "displayed-paragraph" environment (which
adds
space above and below at each occurrence), so this is one situation where you
need to use line breaks
to format one single centered paragraph.
So you type in the single lines separated by C-enter, then you center the
paragraph.

Sorry for the misleading answer.

I think you're right about centering automatically adding a small amount of vertical space, but what Bruce encountered (and I can confirm) is a change in LyX behavior. In LyX 1.4.2, the LyX->LaTeX conversion inserts a \par inside each centering environment, which LyX 1.3.7 does not. My vote would be that 1.3.7's behavior was correct.

/Paul