cesco wrote:
Hi,

I have to write a document according to the settings given in the latex
file IEEEtrans.cls but I don't know how to import it in LyX neither I
found a description of how this could be done. IEEEtrans is a type of
document I can select from the list of documents type in LyX, but when
I select it an error message tells me that the class IEEEtrans is
missing. I found the file on the web but I don't know where to copy it or
how to install/import it. I'm running the latest version of LyX on Win32, so I
don't know how to update the latex distro and how to issue, like you would do in
linux, the command "texhash". Could anyone help?

Thanks and regards
Francesco

What LaTeX distro are you running on the Windows box? If it's MikTeX, just use the MikTeX package manager to install the 'ieeetran' package.

/Paul