Sven Schreiber wrote:
(oops, Helge and I forgot to cc the list..., but here's the fix:)

Helge Hafting schrieb:

Please file this at bugzilla.lyx.org.  Tables are not supposed to be
slow,
and with a bug report you show that people really care
about tables wider than the screen.

(I guess you also want this on the list...)

Are you sure? There are already many bug reports about tables, so I
thought adding another specific thing isn't very useful. But maybe
that's wrong.
More reports are always useful. If there are lots of table bugs, chances are
higher someone will start working on tables.
About the slowness (only part of the problems, of course...): When the
table float inset is open, even typing in a paragraph next to, but
*outside* the table float is difficult, lyx not keeping up with my
speed. CPU usage reaches 70-100% during typing, compared to <10% when
typing with the table float inset closed.
Not known to me, but I don't work with very large tables. Perhaps the problem
gets worse the more cells there is, an I usually end up with
something small like 3x4. Bad performance is definitely a problem.
Not something I can fix, but the more noise you make, the more
people might notice.

Helge Hafting