Hellmut Weber wrote:
Hi list,
quite often I would like to insert the actual date (and time) into my LyX text as a string. (Printing the document this date would be always the same in contrast to \today.)

Does anybody have an idea how this could be realised in LyX? As menu item? As Icon? As key stroke sequence (which I would prefer ;-)?

Actually I'm using LyX-1.3.5 with KDE-3.4 but in a few days I will start using LyX-1.4.2 with KDE-3.5.2 on my new machine.

Greetings from Munich

Hellmut

Half an answer: Type M-x to open the command minibuffer, then date-insert (enter) in the minibuffer to insert the date at the current cursor position. You could bind the date-insert command to a key combination for easy access. I don't know any way to insert the current time, though. Maybe something with a shell script? (Or bug the developers to add a time-insert LFUN?)

/Paul