On Mon, Sep 18, 2006 at 09:31:44AM +0200, Sven Hoexter wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 18, 2006 at 12:41:39AM +0200, Sven Schreiber wrote:
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] schrieb:
>
> > > Unfortunately, backports from edgy are not possible at the moment due to
> > > build-dependendency issues.
> > >
> > Yep, I expected something like that.
>
> Well I bet that this is solveable by just tweaking some things in the control
> file and maybe by reverting the python policy change if it has been adopted by
> Ubuntu aswell. I've done this for the sarge backport aswell and the
> differences
> between those Ubuntu release shouldn't be more then the differences between
> Debian/sarge and what is currently Debian/testing.

Ok for the impatient here is the diff:
ftp://hxt.homelinux.org/foobuntu/lyx_1.4.2-4%7edapper1.diff.gz

If you've a fast machine build it on your own. My oh so slow box is still
working on the binary. Oh and I'm still unsure if it's a great idea to publish
binarys from a one time action only initiated to proof something.
It would be a lot better if someone would publish binarys who is actually
using them and who is interested in keeping them fresh and up to date.
Actually im building in a chroot located in /tmp which means it will be gone
with the next reboot anyway.
If someone would like to care for his *buntu fellows it would be nice to step
up NOW. I'm not interested at all and a little bit pissed of already by some
strange emails claiming that Debian packagers are responsible for what *buntu
ships.

Oh slightly off-topic of course ... I should stop whiningx ;)

Cheers,
Sven
--
If you won't forgive me the rest of my life
Let me apologize while I'm still alive