Juergen Spitzmueller wrote:
Paul Fenner wrote:
Can somebody please point me in the right direction to create handouts from
my beamer presentation. I have tried to follow the Beamer Class Tutorial
but I am getting hopelessly lost. I am using Windows XP / LyX 1.4.

To generate simple Handouts (i.e. the slides printed on a sheet),
1. enter "handout" to Document->Settings->Class Options

2. enter to the preamble:

\usepackage{pgfpages}
\pgfpagesuselayout{2 on 1}[a4paper,border shrink=5mm]

Then View->PDFlatex

(there's a typo at least in my German version of the beamer user guide).

Jürgen

I use just step 1 to generate handouts (which are one slide to a page). To get multiple slides on a page, I generate the handout file with one slide per page, open the file in Acrobat Reader, and print it using a drive that outputs a PDF file (PDFCreator in my case). The printer options allow you to do 2, 4 or 6 slides per page, pick paper size, and pick portrait or landscape orientation. If you take this route, be sure to select the option to stretch pages to the page margins.

/Paul