Hi,

I just installed 1.4.3 in parallel with 1.4.2 and 1.4.1. (As usual, thanks to the developers for cranking out another new and improved version, and to all involved with the Windows port.) During the installation process, I think the installer parked some Aspell-related files under C:\Documents and Settings\what_a_handsome_guy\Application Data\Aspell. That is to say, the files are there now, I don't remember if they were there before, and during the installation progress report I think I saw something on the "what I'm up to line" about something going in up there.

I already had Aspell 0.50, the necessary bits of 0.60, and assorted dictionaries installed under C:\Aspell. The problem is, when I try to check spelling in 1.4.3, I'm informed that 'No word lists can be found for the language "en_US"'. On the other hand, 1.4.2 (which is using the same preferences file etc.) seems to have no trouble finding them. I'm hoping I don't have to reinstall Aspell each time there's an upgrade to LyX. Any ideas what I can do to cure this?

Thanks,
Paul (whose spelling, while good, is not entirely perfect)