Results for User Mode Process LYX-QT4.EXE (PID = 3344)

    User Time                   = 15.07% of the Elapsed Time
    Kernel Time                 = 11.18% of the Elapsed Time

                                  Total      Avg. Rate
    Page Faults          ,         5692,         95/sec.

This looks highly suspicious and could be the reason why the csrss.exe program is taking all the cpu.

I don't think so. Compared to Linux, Windows trims the working sets of processes quite aggressively, which can result in a high number of page faults. However, the freed ages are not actually removed from RAM, but moved into the system cache and restored from there in case of a page fault. Hence, a high number of page faults does not automatically imply performance problems.

Moreover, this data is from the Lyx process and not from CSRSS where, AFAIR, the CPU clocks are actually eaten. The only thing I can see is that the process spends most of its time in the QtGui4 module, which in turn might well lead to a high number of interactions with CSRSS.

Could you provide the results for the CSRSS.EXE process as well?

As a wild guess I would assume a problem with some QT constructs interacting badly with Win32 User/GDI. I have this slight feeling I had seen similar problems with other QT applications on Windows, but I am not really sure.

Daniel