The problem is independent of JabRef--It's the configuration of your .bst file.

I can re-create a similar problem, except the dot will appear after
the question mark--and I only get this with linquiry2.bst, but not
with plainnat.bst (I use natbib).

Maria

On 10/28/06, Richard Heck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:
> Jabref closes the title of a reference with a .
> That is, I have to remove a . at the end of the title.
> If the title closes with a ?, I get .?
> How can I get rid of the superfluous .?
> Wolfgang

Are you sure it's JabRef that's doing this? I don't see this behavior.
JabRef simply puts into the .bib file whatever I type. Check the BibTeX
source view.

Richard