Will Shattuck wrote:
I just installed LyX on Windows XP using the lyx-143-4.exe installer. Everything went well and LyX opens. During the "Hello World" message that
appears it says you can view the DVI output to see how good it is.  So I
do so and get the following error message:

Title: Lyx: Cannot convert file
Message: An error occurred whilst running python -tt scripts/clean_dvi.py
"splash.dvi" "tmpf

I don't know if it is a bug or config problem on my side.  I do have
Python 2.4 installed at C:\Python24.

What happens if you try View->DraftDVI? If that works, the problem is likely with Python; if not, it is likely with your LaTeX installation (MikTeX?) or the LyX configuration (or the alignment of the planets).

/Paul