At least I could locate the problem a bit by now, which might be helpful for the
devellopers:
It is noch a kubuntu problem, I installed opensuse 10.1 and used the lyx 1.42,
the same...
The postscript-preview takes only 7-8 sec, so it is a postscript=>pdf conversion
problem. (I use the ps2pdf preview, with pdflatex I get error messages,
concerning my figures).
It only occurs with lyx-versions 142 and 143, with version 134 (suselinux 9.1)
it is no problem.
All my about 100 figures are made with coreldraw7 (win xp) and then exported to
eps, I don't know, if this affects the speed...
Probably I have to go back to lyx 134 if I will be able to work in a "normal"
amount of time...
regards
robert