Assistance with this problem would be much appreciated.

I am writing a document using the Article class. I found the default margin settings to be too large so I set them manually.
Top: 3 cm
Bottom: 2 cm
Inner:3 cm
Outer:3 cm

'page style:' is set to 'fancy'.

This works fine, until I enable the option to create a two-sided document. With a two-sided document, the margin notes go off the side of the page and continue onto the side of the the next page. So, for example, if the margin note was on the right-side, the words would continue and re-appear on the left hand side of the next page. The notes are split mid-letter. As you might have guessed, resetting the margins to 'default' cures the problem. The margin notes are squeezed in correctly on single sided documents.

My question is, is there any way that I can have have my narrow margins and print out as a two sided document?

Lyx 1.4.3 QT - running on Ubuntu. I 'print' by exporting to pdf via DVIDPFM. The problem persists with PDFLATEX and PS2PDF.

--
http://www.unmusic.co.uk - about me, music, geek sitcom etc.
http://www.unmusic.co.uk/amhs/ - alt.music.home-studio