Sorry to keep replying to this topic myself, but it keeps getting more
and more complicated. I find that if I delete and remake the Bibtex
references list, it works with a default "natplain" style. However, if
I try to mess around with the styles, and change back to where I
assume the natbib style is located, it starts doing the question marks
thing again. Also, I had to put an extra setting in order to get
circular brackets, which should have been a default setting. It's all
very odd. Does someone have an in depth tutorial on exactly how one
can use bibtex and natbib for Author/year type citations? It seems
that every time I try this out I run into problems.