Gmane User <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>       Log line: ./Tutorial.tex:48: Font T1/cmr/m/sc/9=eccc0900 at 9.0pt not
> loadable: Metric (T

I think that you are missing the tetex-extra package. Try issuing the
command "kpsewhich eccc.mf" and see what it says. For me its output is:

$ kpsewhich eccc.mf
/usr/share/texmf/fonts/source/jknappen/ec/eccc.mf

> As mentioned above, the last snippet is likely from pdflatexing the
> User Guide, since the 2nd & 3rd lines match the warning window that
> came up, saying
>
>    The document uses a missing TeX class "scrbook".
>    LyX will not be able to produce output.

You *definitely* are missing the tetex-extra package. Try installing it
through the cygwin setup.exe installation tool.

I don't understand why processing the tutorial takes so long for you,
though. After installing the tetex-extra package, try issuing the
following commands:

$ cp /usr/share/lyx/doc/Tutorial.lyx .
$ lyx -e pdflatex Tutorial.lyx
$ pdflatex Tutorial.tex

The pdflatex step takes 2 to 3 seconds for me.

--
Enrico