Jens Nellesen wrote:

> I tried to include an xfig-file using
> Insert->File->External Material .
>
> For testing, this fig-file contains only a text field ("Hello
> world")(with special flag set and Latex default font selected)
> With Cygwin (Lyx 1.4.3) everything works fine.
>
> But under Windows (Lyx 1.4.3-5) it says that an error occured during the
> conversion to a loadable format. When I try to generate a dvi-file
> anyhow, Lyx crashes with a runtime error.
>
> Does anybody know what's going on here?

This may be due to the fact that you don't have the cygwin dll in your
PATH when you use the native version of LyX (I am assuming that you have
the cygwin version of xfig).

Try adding C:\cygwin\bin (this one should match the output you get when
issuing the command "cygpath -w /bin") to "PATH prefix" in Tools>Preferences
and see if that works.

--
Enrico