>>To: "David L. Johnson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>Cc: lyx-users@lists.lyx.org
>>Subject: Re: ams article defect
>>From: Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 19:00:46 +0100

[...]
>>David> LaTeX2e <2003/12/01> Babel <v3.8d>
>>
>>I think you need at least version 3.8g or 3.8h. Or an older amsart :)
>>The fact is, there are distributions out there that package the two
>>incompatible packages. This should probably be reported as a teTeX bug
>>via debian, if this is not done already.

It might come from two tetex subpackages not being in sync.
Upgrade is advisable before reporting I guess.

You might install texlive if the problem remains. The texlive packaging has
been reviewed before it entered Debian/etch in june, and texlive|tetex
have been made equivalent in LyX dependencies.

--
Jean-Pierre