Hi all,

If LyX is important to you, do NOT use Mandriva 2007 X64 (the 64 bit version).
It comes without LyX, xforms, libXpm, and the necessary qt to compile LyX.
After going through three or four levels of dependency, and not finding
compatible source code, I erased the disk and installed Mandriva 2007 i586,
the 32 bit version, which DOES have Lyx as a package.

I guess that shows how important LyX is to my daily work. I cannot sell a
single copy of my Troubleshooting Courseware, nor send out a single copy of
my Ebook, without LyX. I can't author my books without LyX.

So, I owe all of you a big Thank You. And, if you depend on LyX, skip Mandriva
2007 x64.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Author:
   * Universal Troubleshooting Process courseware
   * Troubleshooting Techniques of the Successful Technologist
   * Manager's Guide to Technical Troubleshooting
   * Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
   * Rapid Learning: Secret Weapon of the Successful Technologist

http://www.troubleshooters.com/bookstore
http://www.troubleshooters.com/utp/tcourses.htm