If you don't get messages, how do you propose to get responses to your
questions?

I don't know what email program you use, but most will allow you to set
up filters to automatically handle incoming mail. I use Thunderbird, for
example, and so I've set up a filter (Tools > Message Filters, or just
right click on an email address in a message) that dumps messages sent
or cc'd to lyx-users@lists.lyx.org into a LyX folder; messages to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] into the Yum folder; and so on and so forth. So
if I don't have time to read them, I can delete them, or leave them for
later, or what have you.

Richard Heck

Olumide wrote:
> Hi -
>
> How do I disable email notifications to this mailing list, and still
> continue to be a member? i.e. I would like to be post. The problem is
> that I'm subscribed to a lot of forums, and I cant afford to receive
> email notifications because my mail box is getting overwhelmed.
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Olumide

Richard G Heck, Jr
Professor of Philosophy
Brown University
http://bobjweil.com/heck/
Get my public key from http://sks.keyserver.penguin.de
Learn how to sign your email using Thunderbird and GnuPG at:
http://dudu.dyn.2-h.org/nist/gpg-enigmail-howto