On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 20:11:15 -0300
John Coppens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 21:41:49 +0100
> Francois <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Do I also need tetex-doc? Isnt that just documentation?
>
> You're right - the docs are not necessary. I didn't see the title
> completely, and I was certain the second package were the fonts!...
>
> Sorry about that.

Hi John,

No problem man... but I've run into other problems. I followed Rich's
advise about compiling Lyx, but it went wrong! I used the night on it
and it seemed incredibly long. But in the early morning there were
several error messages and the machine wouldnt stop making noise. It
took me some time to realise that there was a problem with the space on
the disk and the whole thing got fucked up. I couldnt start the machine
again, but luckily for me i have the Smart Boot Manager. I got things
up again and I realised the whole disk was full! no space left... After
a search I realised that under the installation of Vector-Linux I
forgot to add the home partition, which resulted in the whole
installation was thrown into / with 2,5 Gb. The home partition with 3
Gb was left unused!... It's learning to install Slackware instead of
good old RedHat, which I have been using for 8 years. Tough learning!

But to day I've made a new installation and now I know I have the
necessary space for installing. My problem now is that I forgot to keep
the commands I got from Rich, especially the one with ./config with qt:
how is the option? Is the qt-version of importance as well? I got
qt-3.3.0 from Slackware-packages, there is no qt with Vector, but the
development-tools are all there, so it should run this time. Just let
me know the commands if you dont mind.

Many thanks for the help, it's great to have such people at hand...

François