If you try to select a type other than inches on the drop down menu
before you have chosen a size, it won't let you change. It will only
let you change after you've typed in a number, and if it's a large
number in inches at least, LyX will slow down.

The thing with the borders worked great, thank you - I was trying this
before but I always right clicked and somehow selected the last cell
in the table. This time I went to the drop down menu and selected
table settings. I don't have the table toolbar because I'm too lazy to
hack around to make it show up...

Still wondering about the width, though. When I try the same method
trying to set equal widths to each column, it only sets the width of
the last column. Setting them manually is not terrible, but not ideal.

On 11/23/06, Uwe Stöhr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Stacia Hartleben schrieb:

> I want to make a table that has no borders. So far I've found no
> elegant way to do this except for going to each seperate cell and
> turning off the borders. Is there an easier way, sort of like the way
> you do it in HTML?

- mark all table cells (not the table itself)
- right-click in the toolbar to open the table toolbar
- use the button to disable all table lines

So if the table toolbar is shown, its only one click.

For more informations about tables, I refer to the Extended-Insets manual:
http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/DocumentationDevelopment#Extended-Insets

> Second, I want the table to span the width of the page and be as high
> as the page. When I select table width, I seem to have a lot of
> problems if I try to select anything except for inches, even when I
> see an option that says something like "percent".

I couldn't reproduce this problem.

regards Uwe